2 DAY COURSE for Architects, Managers, Development Leaders
Some design decisions have an impact on the trajectory of the whole project. Modeling is most needed in complex circumstances, yet the typical dynamics of large projects too often derail it or disconnect it from the real design. This course delves into principles for clarifying the big picture, getting effort focused on the core, and coordinating multi-team development.
Experience with large systems multi-team development
- Get a big-picture of multi-team development as it pertains to design success.
- Focus talent and resources where they will pay off most.
- Make most effective use of off-the-shelf components in a mixture with in-house development.
- Manage diverse styles of design, development process and quality within a large system, and still maintain the ability to innovate around your core domain.
- Develop multiple strategies for setting up a fresh project that can break with the past, even when the organization is tied to legacy systems.
- Pragmatic approach to dealing with diverse models and designs on real projects
- Relationships between subsystems/ relationships between teams
Distilling the Core Domain
- Aligning software strategy with business strategy
- Distinguishing the differentiators from the mass of requirements
- Clarifying a shared vision
- Setting up a project for success
- Enabling innovation even when you rely heavily on legacy systems
- Devising Strategies
- Relationship to architectures such as microservices