ONE DAY COURSE for Architects, technical leaders, developers, analysts and development managers.
Build your awareness of the basic concepts and value of Domain-Driven Design (DDD) in one day.
- Understand what DDD is and when and why it is valuable to software intensive organizations.
- Overview the basic principles and processes needed develop the useful sort of models, tie them into implementation and business analysis, and place them within a viable, realistic strategy.
- Some experience with projects developing complex software systems.
- Familiarity with iterative development processes.
Morning: Ubiquitous Language & Model Discovery
- What is DDD?
- What makes a model useful to a software project?
- Cultivation of a model-based language to connect domain experts, developers, and the code itself
- Exploratory interaction of technical and business people in the modeling process
- Aggregates: A taste of rigor. This pattern addresses, at the model level, the scaling of systems in complexity, performance, and distribution.
Afternoon: Strategic Design
- Distilling the Core Domain: Focusing fine modeling and design into those subdomains where the organization distinguishes itself
- Clarifying a shared vision
- Context Mapping: A pragmatic approach to dealing with the diversity models and processes on real large projects with multi-team/multi-subsystem development.
- Combining the Core Domain and Context Map to illuminate Strategic Design options for a project.