ONE DAY COURSE for any project leaders, product managers, business analysts and domain experts.
Build your awareness of the basic concepts and value of Domain-Driven Design (DDD) from a business perspective in one day.
- Understand what DDD is and when and why it is valuable to software intensive organizations.
- Overview the basic principles and processes needed develop the useful models, tie them into implementation and business analysis, and place them within a viable, realistic strategy.
- Explore the role of business people in a DDD project, and how they work closely with the development team.
Some experience with projects developing complex software systems. Familiarity with iterative development processes.
- What is DDD?
- What makes a model useful to a software project?
- Cultivation of a model-based language to connect domain experts, developers, and the code itself
- Collaboration between technical and business people in the modeling process
- Distilling the Core Domain: Focusing fine modeling and design into those subdomains where the organization distinguishes itself
- Clarifying a shared vision
- Context Mapping: A pragmatic approach to dealing with the diversity of models and processes on real large projects with multi-team/multi-subsystem development.
- Combining the Core Domain and Context Map to illuminate Strategic Design options for a project.